The objectives of the International Conference on Narrative of Health and Illness are:
- To facilitate a meeting point to get together, share and discuss with narratives of health and illness, including the lively Portuguese and Spanish speaking world.
- To listen and learn from the most renowned specialists in the field
- To exchange experiences and work with other researchers and writers.
- To understand and explore ways of future collaboration.
We invite submissions of abstracts related to any aspect of Narratives of Health and Illness. Topics will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Clinical Practice and Medical Records
- Rare diseases
- Social media and use of the internet
- Use of narrative in teaching health sciences
- Chronic Illnesses
- Medical Diagnosis
- Ethical counselling
- “Graphic Medicine Manifesto”: Comics and pathography
- “Arts-Based Research”
- Health narratives and literature
- Health narratives and Subjectivity